BEETROOT HUMMUS RECIPE by the lovely @jaxcave 💜
- 1 large or 2 small beetroots (or, for the cheats version like I did here, 1 - 2 tablespoons of beetroot powder, found at bulk & health food shops)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (roughly two tins. drained)
- ½ cup @myhemple hemp oil (can sub for extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 to ½ cup filtered water
- 4 tablespoons of tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- A few twists of cracked pepper
1. If using fresh beets, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced. If using beetroot powder, jump to step 4 you lucky devil!
2. Place beetroots on a baking tray (no need to remove skins) and roast them for 40 – 60 minutes until tender. This will depend on the size of your beets, pierce with a fork to test tenderness, it should be easy to insert
3. Remove them from the oven. Once cool, slip the skin off and roughly cut into small cubes
4. Place all of the ingredients except for the water in a food processor. Blend, adding small amounts of water until you reach your desired consistency
5. Season with salt, pepper, & a generous pour of hemp oil. Keeps well in the fridge for 5 days. Colour will fade, but the flavour will not!