Oh Polly’s return and refund policies don’t have the best reputation, with customers often complaining about slow refunds, lost returns, and the fact that the store doesn’t offer free returns. In this guide we take a look at the ins and outs of Oh Polly’s return and refund policies and process, and how you can make a return or exchange if something doesn’t fit or you’ve simply changed your mind.
Everything you need to know about Oh Polly’s returns policy
Most purchases from Oh Polly can be easily returned, however your location, and the type of item you purchased may change how long your have to make a return, or your eligibility to return a particular item.
Oh Polly’s returns policy states that:
- Oh Polly don’t offer free returns. If you’re returning from the UK you’ll have to pay £1 for your return, and possibly much more for international returns. International orders may be eligible for subsidised returns depending on your country, however you may be left with the entire return shipping bill from some locations.
- Orders must be returned within 30 days (if you’re in the UK) or 40 days (for international orders) of the date of delivery.
- Some items item descriptions state that the item is non-returnable, so make sure you read the full product details before buying. Non-returnable items include face masks, thongs, socks and some lingerie.
- Items must be returned in their original condition – unworn, free from damage, makeup, pet hairs, perfume, and deodorant. Returns must have their original tags or pink Oh Polly ribbon attached.
- Items can be returned for a refund only. Oh Polly doesn’t offer exchanges for another item or a different size of the same item – you’ll need to refund your purchase and order again.
How to return an item to Oh Polly
Oh Polly uses a platform called Rebound to manage their returns. Rebound is used by many online retailers for returns management, including stores like ASOS, PrettyLittleThing, Missguided and River Island, so if you’ve made an online return before you’ll likely find the process familiar.
To return an item to Oh Polly:
- Start the returns process from Oh Polly’s returns page.
- Enter your order details, including your order number, and either your post code, email, or phone number to locate your order.
- Select the items you’d like to return, and the reason you’d like to return them.
- Select your desired return method. In some locations you may have the option to select from multiple shipping options, or take your return to a drop-off point.
- Pay the return fee. Returns from the UK cost £1, while international returns may cost more.
- Print your return label or QR code and post your return or take it to the drop-off location.
- Track your return via Oh Polly’s return tracking page.
Customer complaints about Oh Polly returns and refunds
While Oh Polly’s return policy is pretty typical for an online fashion store, the company has come under fire in recent years for their handling of returns and refunds.
Customers have complained about:
Slow refunds – customers report that it can take weeks, or even months to receive a refund from Oh Polly.
Poor customer service – many customers report that Oh Polly’s customer service team is unhelpful and difficult to deal with.
Are Oh Polly returns free?
No. Oh Polly charge £1 for returns from the UK, and offer subsidised international returns for customers in some countries. However, subsidised returns may not be available for all locations, and you may be left paying the full cost of shipping for your return.
Hint: If you’re looking for a way to save money on your next Oh Polly purchase to make up for the cost of your last return, tru using on of our Oh Polly discount codes.
How long do Oh Polly returns and refunds take?
Oh Polly’s refund policy states that you’ll receive an email notification once your return has been processed, and that the company aims to process all returns within 10 to 15 days of receiving them.
Customers can track the process of their return by entering their tracking or order number on Oh Polly’s return tracking page.
However, some customers have reported that refunds can take much longer, or that they have incurred additional charges when their return was received outside of the permitted time frame.
Can I exchange my Oh Polly purchase?
Unfortunately not. Oh Polly’s return policy states that returned items can be refunded only – Oh Polly don’t offer exchanges.
Returned items are refunded to the original method of payment for the order.
Read our Oh Polly guides for more shopping tips
- Get 15% off with Oh Polly’s student discount.
- Get the best saving with an Oh Polly discount code.
- Learn about paying at Oh Polly with Afterpay, Klarna, Clearpay and Zip.
- Read about Oh Polly’s plus size options and find out how inclusive the brand is.
- Read our guide to Oh Polly shipping times and costs.
- Discover 8 stores similar to Oh Polly.
- Get the perfect fit with our Oh Polly size guide.